- Elections / Registrar
Elections / Registrar
Primary Election: Commonwealth of Virginia: June 20, 2023
Whereas a notice in proper form has been received from the appropriate authority requesting the calling of a Primary Election for the purpose of nominating a candidate for the Democratic and Republican Parties for the Offices of:
Member, Senate of Virginia
Member, House of Delegates
This serves to notify you of said primaries. Should only one candidate qualify for the primary ballot in any office, no primary for that office will be held. Therefore, you are, in the name of the Commonwealth and pursuant to §24.2-517 of the Code of Virginia, ordered to cause a Primary Election to be held in your county/city on Tuesday, June 20, 2023, for the purpose aforesaid.
Signed/Sealed March 10, 2023 Susan J. Beals, Commissioner, Department of Elections.
Precinct #305 Mountain Valley: Move Approved:
Effective March 6, 2023, Precinct #305 (Mountain Valley) will be located at Granbery United Methodist Church (200 Granbery Road Martinsville, Virginia 24112).
Public Notice to Move Precinct #305 (Mountain Valley):
The Henry County Board of Supervisors will hold a public hearing on TUESDAY FEBRUARY 28, 2023 at 6:00pm , or as soon thereafter as can be heard, in the Board Meeting Room on the first floor of the Henry County Administration Building on Kings Mountain Road, Collinsville, Virginia. The purpose of the public hearing is to receive citizen input on a proposed amendment to the Henry County Code of Ordinances regarding changes in the polling place for the Mountain Valley precinct, to be moved from the Mountain Valley Leatherwood Club on North Fork Road, to Granberry United Methodist Church on Granberry Road, Martinsville.
Risk Limiting Audit: November 8, 2022 9th Congressional District
Per the Virginia Department of Elections, an Risk Limiting Audit (RLA) will be conducted throughout the 9th Congressional District to confirm the accuracy and outcome of the November 8th Election. Virginia utilizes the ballot polling audit method where a randomly selected sample of ballots are manually reviewed to determine if the overall outcome of an election contest was correctly reported.
Quote from the Director of Elections/General Registrar:
These audits are a routine assessment of our reported election results that ensure Henry County is accurately reporting concise, meticulous, and transparent results in our election processes and results. We want to ensure voters that we are doing our utmost to conduct the duties for all elections according to the law, while studiously endeavoring to prevent fraud or deceit.
Important Dates to Remember
- The Henry County Electoral Board will meet in a Closed Session Thursday February 21, 2023 at 10am. The Board will be in a work session revising election materials for Officers of Election.
- This audit will be conducted on Monday November 28, 2022 at 2 pm in the Archive Room of The Henry County Circuit Court, 3160 Kings Mountain Road Martinsville, Virginia.
- The Henry County Registrar's Office and Administration Building will be Closed Friday November 11, 2022 in Observance and appreciation of Veteran's Day.
- The November 8, 2022 Election Canvass and Provisional meeting will take place at the Henry County Registrar's Office on Wednesday November 9, 2022 starting at 9 am
- The Henry County Registrar's Office will be closed Monday October 10, 2022 in observance of Columbus Day. We will re-open Tuesday October 11, 2022 at 8:30 am.
Public Notice for the November 8, 2022, General & Special Election in Henry County, Virginia
In-person, Early Absentee Voting for Henry County voters will be available at the location, dates, and hours listed below beginning Friday, September 23, and ending Saturday, November 5, 2022:
- 3300 Kings Mountain Road (Henry County Registrar's Office), Monday through Friday, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
- This office will also be open on Saturday, October 29, and Saturday, November 5, from 8:30 am to 5 pm
Ballot drop boxes will be available the same dates, times, and location listed above for in-person, early absentee voting. In addition, drop boxes will be available Monday, November 7, from 8:30 am until 5 pm. Drop boxes will also be available at all regular polling places on Election Day, November 8, from 6 am until 7 pm.
November 8, 2022 General Election Information
- In-Person Early Absentee Voting begins: Monday through Friday starting Friday September 23 through Friday November 4, 2022 (8:30a to 4:30 pm) at the Registrar's Office. Saturday October 29 and November 5, 2022 (8:30a-5 pm).
- Monday October 17, 2022: Last day to Register to vote or change your voter registration for this election.
- Friday October 28, 2022: Last day to request an Absentee Ballot by mail. Applications must be received by 5 pm
- November 8, 2022: Election Day Go to your polling location and cast your vote!
All Precincts will be voting for 9th Congressional District Member of House of Representatives.
The Town of Ridgeway residents will be voting for Member of House of Representatives, Mayor, Members of Town Council, and Ridgeway District School Board.
There will be a Special Election November 8, 2022 for the Ridgeway District School Board seat. Those who live in the Ridgeway District (Precincts 601, 602, 603, Town of Ridgeway, and 604) will be eligible to vote for this seat.
Our sincere condolences to the Zehr family on the passing of Mr. Francis Zehr.
The Next Henry County Electoral Board Meeting will be held Tuesday September 13, 2022 at 10 am at the Henry County Administration Building.
New Voter Registration Cards
The Registrar's Office will be mailing out new Voter Cards/letters to registered voters concerning Redistricting numbers, state and local changes. Most voters will only see numerical changes on their cards. A few voters will notice changes in Polling Locations, due to balancing Magisterial Districts. Henry County Voters should be on the lookout for these notices in the mail in the upcoming weeks.
Please make sure that we have your correct mailing address! We have received numerous letters that have been Returned to Sender due to inaccurate address information. If you have not received your voter card, it has likely been returned to our office as undeliverable. Please update your information online or contact our office so you are prepared for the November 8 Election!
Election workers and officers of Election are needed for upcoming November 8, 2022 General Election and Town of Ridgeway elections in 2022!
If you are interested please email our office for further information or call at 276-634-4698.
Solicitation & 3rd Party Mailings Concerning Voter Registration & Election Day
Voters should be cognizant of 3rd Party Mailings (50 States, Virginians for Americans First, etc.) that are solicitation not authorized/associated with the Registrar's Office or the Virginia Department of Elections.
Be vigilant in protecting your personal information. Our office does not solicit.
- Redistricting Information: Local Maps and Address Changes
- Voting Information for Military and Overseas Voters
- Find your Precinct, District and Polling Place
- Voter Credit
- Virginia Department of Elections