Below are some interesting facts about water.
Arkansas Times Article
- “Bottled water is 240-10,000 times more expensive than tap water”
- “Bottled water is water transformed into water because the companies draw water from municipal taps”
- “We throw away 30 million water bottles a day, only 13% are recycled”
- “Tap water is cleaner, more closely monitored, and more drinkable than bottled water”
Challenges in the Water Industry
- In 2011, bottled water sales went up to 9.1 billion gallons. Now it is at 29.2 billion gallons
- There are no credible findings that bottled water is healthier, or has any nutritional value over tap water
- If you drink tap water for your recommended 8 glasses of water a day, tap water will only set you back about .49 cents. If you drink bottled water in 16oz bottles, it will cost around $4 to get the recommended amount.
- It takes 1,000 years for plastic bottles to biodegrade