Hiring an Off-Duty Deputy
In order to efficiently respond to requests and manage the employment of off-duty deputies, the Henry County VA Sheriff’s Office has partnered with Off-Duty Management to provide services related to hiring off-duty deputies effective January 03, 2022.
You may request to hire off-duty deputies through the Off Duty Management web-based service, OfficerTRAK®, or calling the toll-free number.
Off Duty Management provides the following to the vendor:
- Online access to information through the OfficerTRAK® software including:
- Deputy attendance
- Field notes and media files
- Post orders and instructions
- Past and future shift information
- Full liability coverage for the vendor, the agency, and the deputy.
- 24/7 vendor service
- Dedicated point of contact for scheduling and invoicing
- Deputy payroll
Prohibited Off-Duty Employment
- Retailers which sell pornographic materials or provide services of a sexual nature.
- Retailers who sell, manufacture, or transport alcoholic beverages as the principal business.
- Gambling establishments not exempted by law.
- Any firm connected with the towing or storage of vehicles, bill collecting, bodyguards, repossessing, private investigators, process servers, or taxicab drivers.
- Performance in Sheriff's Office uniform of any tasks other than those of law enforcement.
- Performance of any work for a business or labor group that is on strike.
- Performance of any work regulated or licensed through the Sheriff's Office.
- Performance of personnel investigations for private firms, or any employment requiring the officer to have access to the law enforcement files, records, or information as a condition of employment.
- Performance of any activity which supports case preparation for the defense in any criminal or civil action.
|Total Hourly Rate
There is a 3-hour minimum per request.
Holiday Rate: Will apply for the following days: New Year’s Eve, New Year’s Day, MLK Day, Presidents’ Day, Easter, Memorial Day, Juneteenth, Independence Day, Labor Day, Veterans Day, Thanksgiving Day, Day After Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day.
Vehicle Rate: N/A
Policy & Procedure
Henry County Sheriff's Office reserves the right to establish the minimum number of deputies to be assigned to an event where alcohol or other legal intoxicants are being served based upon the number of attendees.
Once an assignment has been approved and scheduled; vendors canceling or reducing assignments are required to pay the full ODM administrative fees for the first 24 hours of the original assignment. Vendors canceling or reducing assignments within 48 hours of the start of the assignment are required to pay the greater of deputy’s hours worked or the agency minimum hours plus ODM administrative fees for the first 24 hours of the original assignment.
You can request service by visiting the Officertrak® website link or call off duty management 24/7 toll-free at 1-877-636-8300.